Thursday, October 9, 2008

Grueling




We have arrived safely in Beijing. We are simply exhausted as the experience of crossing over half the world in an airplane is grueling. No matter what position you are in there just isn't enough room or a way to sleep comfortably. We are exactly 12 hours ahead of EST and it is midnight here. We are walking zombies so I will sign off and post more tomorrow. THANK YOU GOD for getting us here safely. (I am a white knuckle flyer and am very happy to report that I did very well on all the flights!!) I took this photo when we were flying over Alaska.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Well you'll have some good frequent flyer miles too eh? I can't wait to hear more about your journey and I really can't wait until you bring home that precious daughter of yours!!! Am thrilled you made it safely there. Much love and prayers, Jenny

DnL K said...

YAY!!! So happy you made it!! Praying for safety while over there and for that wonderful reunion your family has been praying for for the last several years!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't believe as I sit here in Viginia, your finally there. Good Luck and know your in our thoughts and prayers. I look forward to hearing ans seeing more.
Jess

Elise said...

I am so glad to hear that you all made it...and can't wait to love on three of your four beautiful children this weekend! :)

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

Tell your husband he is not the center of attention and he has to get better soon! Figures, though, that something would cause a little delay after how many months of waiting?????

We took a photo kinda like this one too. There is an area in the center of our picture that had lights and we sent it to our kids saying that was where Santa lives. They thought it was AMAZING! (don't ruin my secret).

Joy is just around the corner now!
I'll be praying for y'all!
Angie