Monday, October 20, 2008

GuangWOW, I mean Guangzhou!






Hello all. Guangzhou is very nice and the breakfast at the White Swan is unbelievable! The island (Shamain Island) where we are staying has a very European appearance and almost everyone speaks English. This is a nice little Oasis to visit prior to our trip home. We had dinner at an authentic Italian restaurant. No, not Olive Garden or Carrabbas, but what we used to eat when we were in Sicily. If you ever visit, I highly recommend the Italian place. The chef is even Italian!

Joy and Dad are making huge strides. She loves to eat meat, but she doesn't like sweets very much!?! She is smiling a lot more and is very vocal. She had her medical exam and we go to the American Consulate tomorrow. Everything is going smoothly. Please pray that it continues to go smoothly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark should send in the story and a picture to Starbucks and tell them what a treat it was to see them overseas. You may get a free drink out of it?

I'm glad everything is running so smooth. When do you get back to the states?

It's nice to see you both smiling. I'm not sure what I expected, but I know I expected more tears from everyone after Mark left with plurisy!

I showed my sister your site and she was impressed with both of your commitments to Joy. She agreed with me that she was adorable.
Jess

Elise said...

Awww...what a sweet picture of her SMILING! I am overjoyed to see it. :) Love to all...and see you soon!

Aunt Elise

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

You're almost home now! I bet Joy's brothers and sister are saying "hurry up, mom and dad; this is taking forever!" Or maybe they are having so much fun they don't realize you've been gone for almost two weeks?
Either way, enjoy what's left of your trip...and get ready for the best homecoming ever!
love, Angie

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I stumbled upon your blog and am so happy to have found it. I actually spoke with you briefly (through ChinaAdptionTalk) when you first received your referral of beautiful Joy. She is even more adorable now!

Congratulations!!!!
Best to you and your family,
Erin