Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It is Official!!!






Woohoo! She is ours! We had another exciting day as we met with the officials to officially complete our daughter's adoption. We did our interviews and were given some great pictures from the orphanage director. The pictures range from baby pictures to present. This is a real treasure. We also received her footprints from the day that she was admitted to the orphanage. We then came back to the room, took a rest and then went for a stroll in a nearby park. Before her nap she was a little sad and started crying out for someone. It broke our hearts. She is still completely attached to Mommy, but is unsure about this Daddy person. She is starting to warm up to Daddy. The park was very interesting and quite large. We enjoyed our stroll and Joy did too!

10 comments:

cherito said...

Mark and Roberta,

I am so happy for the two of you. It makes my heart happy to see these pictures of you holding baby Joy. For the lord is good and his timing is perfect!! I can't wait until you and your family are back..

Miss and love ya's
Cherie

DnL K said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!! We're thrilled for you guys! I was thinking and praying for you all day yesterday! I'm just so excited!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the kids' faces when they meet her. :D She is so cute!!

Cheryl said...

Woohoo, I am sooooo excited for yall. Love ya....

Kathleen said...

Wonderful! She is just sooooo cute.

Love
Kathie

Unknown said...

Hi Mark and Roberta,

Annie Ashworth told me about your blog. I am teary eyed as I ready about your new gift of Joy! Congratulations. I hope I get a heads up when you come to town again. I'd love to see y'all.

Carolyn Roman

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys. Thank you for sharing your pictures. The Lord could not have picked a better family for baby Joy. We cant wait to meet her and have you all back.

Love
The Kies Family

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

Roberta, you're gonna have some great arm strength when you get home! I hauled MJ around China the entire time we were there! She was afraid of everything...even baba. Mark, my husband says to "hang in there...she'll like you one of these days". He too, only got "playtime" and even then, mama had to be RIGHT THERE! She's soooo pretty! Even when she cries.

Elise said...

Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy! I can't wait to see you all together soon... :)

Jenny said...

What a beauty!!! I just sat and cried when I saw the post from yesterday. She is such a blessing and I can't wait to meet her shortly. Wishing you all have safe travels and an uneventful trip home!!! I can't believe this has actually finally happened!!! Love to you both,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

It is awesome and amazing to see you three together. Jesus is SO GOOD and we thank Him with you for what He has done.